Beach Days

He was in search of the sea and the impact of the Nature was overwhelming. Even he had a third-kind close contact with… a stingray.

 

By David Villanueva Garro

 


    SULLANA, Peru
– On Wednesday August 9th, 2006, Tania and Javier picked me up around 3 in the afternoon for going to know the beaches of Talara, but we ultimately ended in Punta Sal, where we would spend for three days. I don’t remember the exact time when we arrived, but it was already at night so we went around to check it up, then having dinner and going to sleep. I woke up again at 7 in the morning, and after the breakfast, the Sun and the beach were totally ours. Actually, our Mother Star just appeared at noon, but came out strongly.

 

The beach is very clean and transparent. It seems a warm water lake. It is possible to walk 165 feet into the sea and the water just covers up until the waist. The first ones coming in were Tania and Javier who had a non-very-kind welcome by a stingray, what likely wanted no visitors that day. When the stingray stings, it injects a poison that causes pain and skin blushing for two days. It ever does it when feels threatened.

 

When I came in, the stingray stung me too, but I couldn’t watch it. However, it didn’t get me much hazard – it only caused me pain and a partial numbness in the ankle which resumed as the afternoon went by. Despite, this beach is very clean, very quiet, you can swim freely. The waves are not so strong. It actually seems like laying on a hammock rocking side to side. It’s so relaxing and delighting.

 


    Facing the sky

The drinking water was over at 4. We had to go to the Cancas Control Post for buying some and other groceries too. We got back quickly to look at the sunset and take us some pictures, but our surprise was big when we got to, because the sky was cloudy and we couldn’t see anything. Maybe the next time. [ Check out the weather conditions in Punta Sal, Peru ]

 

We got back to the camp and prepared the firewood for that night’s woodfire. The sky cleared as much as we could see all the stars that bright with great splendor. We were little under the Universe.

 

During the next day’s morning, I decided to go a little further than we were, and I could see some rocky formations  left in the open by the sea, because it has retreated many feet due to the low tide. The formations possible to watch were quite beautiful that I could realize one more time how much beautiful the Nature is and how much cruel we all are. Somehow, we damage such as beautiful places.

 


    I returned to Sullana City that day. I left behind these beaches with white, clean sand, that fresh wind running on our faces, that Sun, and that clear night. I asked myself if that place that today is too beautiful is going to keep ever so. During almost all the way back, I was accompanied by the Sun that seemed to leaveteake me.

 

I arrived at 7. I felt comforted about I saw. I recommend these places – I actually thank I was allowed to know them, but I still think about what would happen if they destroyed. Let’s be aware about the life because this is our world – we live here and our kids and our grandkids will live.

 

David Villanueva is a Lima-based system engineer. Check out his previous story.

© 2006, 2020 Asociación Civil Factor Tierra. All Rights Reserved.

 


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

A natural photographer

Por Las rutas de la Integración

Following up the Optimus Prime’s track